Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First MOREL MUSHROOM of 2011

Went out for a little while before dark, battling the ticks, to do a little mushroom huntin'. It is the first time I have ever found one all by itself....There are several potential reasons for the solitary mushroom and only one of which is a good thing.

The optimist's point of view is that I am EARLY for the patch (I am unsure if 1 constitutes a "patch"). In other words, more will burst onto the scene with the next rain....

The pessimistic views include that I was late for the patch, someone beat me there or wildlife consumed the others...I stop thinking about the negative possibilities after that point!

I ended up huntin' for a little over an hour and found some nice spots that look like they should produce and only collected about 10 ticks.

Mushroom Season is not off to a glorious start for me, but it's a start.

1st Morel Mushroom of 2011, Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment