Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Celebrating 75 years: Virginia State Parks

Virginia's State Parks have been around for 75 years! Check out the article at the link below for more information about the celebration hosted by the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR).

VA State Parks 75th Anniversary Information (click here)

There are so many activities available at state parks here in Virginia. From hiking and fishing to camping and outdoor concerts. The park I have spent the most time at is also the largest, Pocahontas State Park. Other parks that I really enjoy are False Cape (where I hope to plan a paddling/camping trip soon), Twin Lakes, Hungry Mother and Natural Tunnel. Natural Tunnel was the sight of the 2000 Governor's Academy for Environmental Stewardship that I attended in high school. Hard to believe that was more than a decade ago!

I have been to most of the 35 state parks in Virginia and actually live on a farm that borders High Bridge Trail State Park. I suppose that's one reason why I enjoy the park system so much, because it is so accessible!



Hungry Mother State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment