Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Omaha

Spent about a week in Omaha, Nebraska at the Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies (AFWA) conference. I had a great time as I got to meet with natural resource professionals from all over. Now, I can say that I know at least one Wildlife Biologist in every US State, 6 of 13 Canadian Provinces and a few other countries!

I went to Working Group and Committee meetings on Resident Game Birds, Waterfowl, Climate Change, International Relations, Science and Research, Fish and Wildlife Health and more. As is often the case with meetings like this, the conversations at meals and in the evenings are very informative and useful networking opportunities.

I think I did a great job getting the word out about what SCIF does and discussing opportunies to collaborate on large mammal conservation efforts. Touched base with old colleagues and met MANY new ones.

Since I was in downtown Omaha the entire time and very busy, no exciting wildlife photos but here's one of me after the Awards Banquet where some fine folks were honored. My tie was loosened at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment