Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New England

Old picture of me with Trigger on Mt. Waumbek, along the Star King Trail in the White Mountain National Forest. I am sitting on the fireplace of an old AMC hut that is no longer standing. I did a lot of hiking and climbed many mountains while I lived in New England for college between 2002-2006. Spent a lot of time outside in general. Tagged a few of the "4,000 footers".



Some additional trips included destinations in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts. A VERY abbreviated list includes:

Mooselauki 
Monadnock (multiple times)
Wachusett
Waumbek

Also, the Dry River Trail was a great backpacking trip! And canoeing/staying in a cabin on Mooselookmeguntic one summer was a blast!

Windblown is an awesome cross-country ski/snowshoeing resort.

Worked one summer at Sunkhaze Meadows National Wildlife Refuge and lived in a remote cabin without electricity or potable water...Ah, rustic! The name of the place was the Thibodeaux Cabin.

I will try and dig up some photos from some of my New England expeditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment