Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

St. John's Church and Hollywood Cemetery

Now for something a little different....

I am an avid history buff (code for nerd). Was feeling my roots in the peoples of the British Isles so I attended the Irish Festival in Richmond, VA yesterday.

The festival was RIGHT next to St. John's Church. This was the site of the Second Virginia Convention in 1775 and where Patrick Henry delivered his famous, "Give me liberty of give me death" speech.



400 years of Henrico Parish
 Well, since I was on my "history kick", I decided to travel the arduous (sarcasm) 3 miles over to Hollywood Cemetery to visit some Confederate relatives interred there. For anyone that has not visited the cemetery, many notable Virginians have been laid to rest there. There are many of my family's surnames represented by distant cousins including; Gray, Dulaney, McCormick, Lee/Lea/Leigh, Harrison, Jessee, Stephenson and others.
Relative of my Granny on Mom's side (Frances Dulaney Muck) who was actually in the same Company as my gg-Grandpa on Dad's side (Robert Emmett Bradley Gray).

1 comment:

  1. Started a web forum for family to share information and stay in touch. You can check it out at the link below. Hope it works!

    http://grayfamilyhistory.yolasite.com/gray-clan-forum.php

    ReplyDelete